Call for Submissions is closed!
2019 ICoTA Intervention Technology Award
ICoTA Global Annual Intervention Technology Award recognizes outstanding technical innovation or application of technology for well intervention. The application of the new intervention technology or technique should demonstrate; reduced risk, increased production, improved safety or minimized environmental impact.
Judged by experienced practitioners in the area of well intervention and coiled tubing, this Award is highly prized and will be considered annually by ICoTA to support its mission: “To enhance communication, gather technical expertise and promote safety, training competency and industry accepted practices”.
ICoTA will announce the winner of the Intervention Technology Award during the keynote luncheon at its
annual SPE / ICoTA Coiled Tubing and Well Intervention Conference & Exhibition held March 26-27, 2019
in The Woodlands, TX. In addition, the award recipient (along with 1st and 2nd runner up) will be invited to present their technologies in the ICoTA booth throughout the conference. The winner will also receive the Intervention
Technology Award perpetual trophy plus an award to retain.
Conditions for Award
- Candidate must have applied the technology during commercial well intervention operations for the
first time within the last 18 months (since July 31, 2017).
- Innovative use of existing technology or application of new technology.
- Implementation and refinement of technology over time or a single project.
Judging Criteria and Guidelines for Entries
- New Technology - What distinguishes this development from existing or previous technology?
- New Application of Existing Technology - How did this novel application of existing technology bring
benefi t to well interventions?
- Value to the Industry - How did this innovation add value to your or the client's asset?
Additional information : Past Recipients