Intervention Technology Award
Submission Deadline: February 6, 2018
ICoTA's Intervention Technology Award recognizes outstanding technical innovation or application of technology for well intervention. The application of the new intervention technology or technique should demonstrate; reduced risk, increased production, improved safety or minimized environmental impact.
Judged by industry peers, all experienced practitioners in the area of well intervention and coiled tubing; this award is highly prized and will be considered annually by ICoTA to support its mission: “To enhance communication, gather technical expertise and promote safety, training competency and industry accepted practices”.
Finalists will present to the panel of judges on the Monday evening prior to the SPE/ICoTA Coiled Tubing & Well Intervention Conference held in Houston, Texas. In addition to public recognition during the conference and on the ICoTA website, the winner will receive the Intervention Technology Award perpetual trophy plus an award to retain. View past winners.
Conditions for Award
- Candidate must have applied the technology during well intervention operations for the 1st time within the last 18 months.
- Innovative use of existing technology or application of new technology.
- Implementation and refinement of technology over time or a single project.
Judging Criteria and Guidelines for Entries
- New Technology - What distinguishes this development from existing or
- New Application of Existing Technology - How did this novel application of existing technology bring benefit to well interventions?
- Value to the Industry - How did this innovation add value to your or the
Presentation to Panel of Judges (ICoTA Board of Directors)
- All finalists will be required to make a short presentation to the panel of judges on
Monday evening, March 26th at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel in The Woodlands, Texas.
If a finalist is unable to present during this time, the submitted technology will be disqualified for the award.
- Entries will be judged by the ICoTA Board of Directors.
Call for Submissions is closed.