ICoTA Global Annual Intervention Technology Award
ICoTA's Intervention Technology Award recognizes outstanding technical innovation or application of technology for well intervention. The application of the new intervention technology or technique should demonstrate; reduced risk, increased production, improved safety or minimized environmental impact.
This award is judged and presented annually by ICoTA Global. Awarded first in 2007, it recognizes both the contribution to innovation and the introduction of new technologies within the well intervention arena. See past recipients.
Judged by industry peers, all experienced practitioners in the area of well intervention and coiled tubing; this award is highly prized and will be considered annually by ICoTA Global to support its mission: “To enhance communication, gather technical expertise and promote safety, training competency and industry accepted practices”.
The successful finalists and winner will be announced during the SPE / ICoTA Well Intervention Conference & Exhibition, to be held on March 19-20, 2024 at The Woodlands, Texas, and will be publicized across the industry. In addition, the winner will be presented with the Intervention Technology Award Perpetual Trophy plus an award to retain.
Conditions for Award
- Innovative use of an existing technology or application of a new technology.
- Implementation and refinement of the technology over time or in a single project.
- The technology must have been applied in a well intervention operation, for the first time, within the last
Judging Criteria Guidelines for Entries
- New Technology - What distinguishes this development from existing or previous technologies?
- New Application of Existing Technology - How did this novel application of an existing technology bring benefit to well interventions?
- Value to the Industry - How will this new technology, or application, enhance well interventions?
Presentation to Panel of Judges (ICoTA Board of Directors)
- All finalists will be required to make a short presentation to the panel of judges (comprised of ICoTA Board members) on Monday, March 18th at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel in The Woodlands, Texas. If a finalist is unable to present during this time, the submitted technology will be disqualified for the award.
Call for Nominations
Call for entries for the 2024 18th Annual Intervention Technology Award award will open 4Q2023.
Contact us to get notifications of upcoming awards & events.