ICoTA Global Annual Intervention Technology Award
The Intervention & Coiled Tubing Association (ICoTA) is now accepting nominations and entries for its 17th Annual Global Intervention Technology Award. This highly coveted award recognizes outstanding technical innovation, or the application of technology, for well intervention. Entries should demonstrate some of the following: reduced risk; increased productivity; improved safety; reduced environmental impact.
This award is judged and presented annually by ICoTA Global. Awarded first in 2007, it recognizes both the contribution to innovation and the introduction of new technologies within the well intervention arena. See past recipients.
Judged by industry peers, all experienced practitioners in the area of well intervention and coiled tubing; this award is highly prized and will be considered annually by ICoTA Global to support its mission: “To enhance communication, gather technical expertise and promote safety, training competency and industry accepted practices”.
The successful finalists and winner will be announced during the keynote luncheon at the SPE / ICoTA Well Intervention Conference & Exhibition, to be held on March 21-22, 2023 at The Woodlands, Texas, and will be publicized across the industry. In addition, the winner will be presented with the Intervention Technology Award Perpetual Trophy plus an award to retain.
Conditions for Award
- Innovative use of an existing technology or application of a new technology.
- Implementation and refinement of the technology over time or in a single project.
- The technology must have been applied in a well intervention operation, for the first time, within the last 18 months.
Judging Criteria Guidelines for Entries
- New Technology - What distinguishes this development from existing or previous technologies?
- New Application of Existing Technology - How did this novel application of an existing technology bring benefit to well interventions?
- Value to the Industry - How will this new technology, or application, enhance well interventions?
Presentation to Panel of Judges (ICoTA Board of Directors)
- All finalists will be required to make a short presentation to the panel of judges (comprised of ICoTA Board members) on Monday, March 20th at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel in The Woodlands, Texas. If a finalist is unable to present during this time, the submitted technology will be disqualified for the award.