ICoTA Global Annual Intervention Technology Award
ICoTA's Intervention Technology Award recognizes outstanding technical innovation or application of technology for well intervention. The application of the new intervention technology or technique should demonstrate; reduced risk, increased production, improved safety or minimized environmental impact.
This award is judged and presented annually by ICoTA Global. Awarded first in 2007, it recognizes both the contribution to innovation and the introduction of new technologies within the well intervention arena. See past recipients.
Judged by industry peers, all experienced practitioners in the area of well intervention and coiled tubing; this award is highly prized and will be considered annually by ICoTA Global to support its mission: “To enhance communication, gather technical expertise and promote safety, training competency and industry accepted practices”.
The winner will be announced during the annual SPE/ICoTA Well Intervention Conference in March and will be invited to present their technologies during the conference as well as by webinar in the weeks following. The winner’s success in pushing forward the boundaries of well intervention and coiled tubing technology will be publicized throughout the industry.
The winner will receive the Intervention Technology Award perpetual trophy plus an award to retain.
Conditions for Award
- Candidate must have applied the technology during well intervention operations for the 1st time within the last 18 months (since July 31, 2020).
- Innovative use of existing technology or application of new technology.
- Implementation and refinement of technology over time or a single project.
Judging Criteria and Guidelines for Entries
- New Technology - What distinguishes this development from existing or previous technology?
- New Application of Existing Technology - How did this novel application of existing technology bring benefit to well interventions? Where was it applied and what does it do?
- Value to the Industry - How did this innovation add value to your or the client's asset? Why did you use this technology? For example, to reduce risk, increase recovery, improve safety or minimize environmental impact.
Presentation to Panel of Judges (ICoTA Board of Directors)
- All finalists will be required to make a short presentation to the panel of judges (either in person or by webinar) prior to the annual conference in March. If a finalist is unable to present during this time, the submitted technology will be disqualified for the award.
Call for Nominations will open 3Q2021
The call for nominations for the 2021 Intervention Technology Award will open 3Q2021.
Contact us to get notifications of upcoming awards & events.