We again had two back-to-back sessions.
One on Wireline Developments, Applications, and Solutions where the following papers were presented:
- Abdul Bari Khatri: Evaluating Casing Condition through Integration of Multi-Finger Calipers and Ultrasonic Imaging with Casing Wear Analysis - A Hybrid Approach SPE-204445-MS
- Andrew Imrie: Full Well Corrosion Insight - Case Studies in the Added Value of Electromagnetic Thickness Measurements During Well Interventions SPE-204431-MS
- Tom Littleford: High Resolution Acoustic Imaging Of Plug Related Casing Damage In Hydraulically Fractured Horizontal Wells SPE-204412-MS
- Thomas Mauchien: Efficiently Shifting Sliding Sleeves in Extended Reach Horizontal Wells With Electric-line: A Case Study SPE-204400-MS
- Frank Heaney: Digital Slickline: Case Studies highlighting impact of real-time slickline and efficiency improvements compared to traditional slickline & e-line interventions SPE-204447-MS
Thanks to our session chairs David Larimore and Gordon Mackenzie for their moderation of the session and managing all the questions coming in.
The other session was on Improving Operational Efficiency, HSE, and Well Control and the industry heard for the first time:
- Steven Craig: Overcoming Extreme Technical and Logistical Challenges to Successfully Cleanout 76,000-lbm Proppant SPE-204437-MS
- Scott Sherman: Development of Low Force Shear Blades for High Strength Coiled Tubing SPE-204403-MS
- Paul Brown: Analysis of Plug Drilling and Stuck Pipe Performance Metrics SPE-204433-MS
- Brenton Cheeseman: Remedial Cementing Through Reclosable Sleeves SPE-204416-MS
- Xaymaca Bautista Alarcon: Implementing Business Analytics Software To Optimize Coiled Tubing Operations: A Digital Approach To Operations Efficiency SPE-204446-MS
Moderation was provided by Heath Myatt and Lucy Pettitt-Schieber. Thanks for your great efforts on this session.
API Updates (16ST, 16B, 16SB and 16WL)
At ICoTA we aim to bring you the very best information on interventions. Hence we took the opportunity to provide everyone with an additional, valuable keynote which reviewed the updates & status of API recommended practices and standards that pertain to the well intervention industry: API Updates (16ST, 16B, 16SB and 16WL). 16ST addresses coiled tubing well control equipment systems. 16B addresses specifications on well control equipment for wireline, coiled tubing, and snubbing applications. 16SB concerns snubbing and HWO well control and equipment systems. 16WL concerns wireline wellhead pressure control equipment and systems. These basically affect virtually all intervention operations, so we felt it was important to get the information about the changes out there to our members and conference registrants.
Steve Deshotels (Snr Operations Director, Texas Oil Tools NOV) and James McAllister (Deepwater Intervention SME, Shell) did a great job in presenting these, giving some background to the updates as well as the schedule for publishing. We also need to say thank you to Doyle Dean, our conference technical committee senior chair, for setting up the session and moderating it.
And we STILL have more to come!
Day 4 delivers two more technical sessions and two other high-profile events.
First there will be the the inaugural SPE/ICoTA Operator Roundtable. Do not miss this essential event!
For this we assembled top experts representing five different operators from various parts of the world to hear their perspectives on intervention related aspects. Join us and our guests for a roundtable that is not to be missed:
- AbdulRahman A. Al-Ghamdi – Northern Area Well Completion Operations Department Manager at Saudi Aramco
- Arthur Arnaud – Improvement Leader for Intervention operations at Equinor
- Stian Øistensen Jørgensen – VP Drilling & Wells - Operations Intervention Alliance at AkerBP
- Edward Kalu – Head, Well Specialities at Total
- Shahril Mokhtar – Head of Well Integrity and Workover PETRONAS
The roundtable recording resulted in over an hour’s worth of rich conversation, with some of the very latest viewpoints on production issues, innovation needs, activity levels, KPI’s, the energy transition, digital transformation, collaboration and networking! Get a quick preview here.
The final technical sessions will then commence with:
- Session One: Horizontal and ERD Solutions
- Session Two: Interventions Solutions in Challenging Environments
And finally, when the doors close on the conference, we’ll be opening up a LIVE networking space at https://spatial.chat/s/ICoTA. Open from 12:00 pm Houston CDT time (6:00 p.m. Paris), this will provide an informal networking opportunity. There are only 300 slots available, so do arrive early to ensure your access! Click here for a quick preview.
If you haven’t yet registered for the conference it’s still not too late. Note all content is available online to all registrants for the next 90 days! Click here to register now!